Sunday, May 8, 2016

Await The Rain

Caress my face with the raindrops

For summer seems so long now

Striking heat has withered my skin

Waiting for some revival

Need the elixir of life to rejuvenate the earth

For the air is so arid and dry now

Throw my hands up and pray

For the Lord to shower His blessings

It is the end of the day and I finally sense a reprieve

The clouds have unionized and darkened the sky

Finally a clap of thunder resonates all over

The all elusive magical drop touches my cheek

A feeling so good that it cannot be described

Hopes have been realized


As the raindrops caress my face, it is time to rejoice.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Tajammul,
    Such a nice and impressive way of expressing thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful way to describe rain...loved it:-)

    ReplyDelete

A Valentine's Tale

  It is Valentine’s Day and Jonu is excited. For, it has been almost two years that he has known Sheena and finally he has mustered the cour...