Tuesday, May 17, 2016

An Ode To A Refugee

Where do I go from here?

There is chaos all around

My country is torn apart

Sounds of gunfire lingers on

Gardens of death surrounds

Where do I go from here?

Loved ones been displaced

Coffers been rendered empty

My home has been broken down

Years of happiness been shattered in moments

Where do I go from here?

Have lost all there is in life

Only a hope prevails within me

That someone will welcome me with open arms

And treat me like one of its own

My heart is deeply sunken and I fearfully wonder

Where will I go from here?

(Dedicated to all the migrants from war torn countries who are facing difficult times. May their struggles end soon)


3 comments:

  1. Heartbreaking, your words touched my heart...leaving healing thoughts and prayers...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much for your comments. Really appreciate it.

      Delete
  2. Wow nice poem and nice write. I really enjoyed this work of yours. I look forward to reading and enjoying more of your thoughts put to paper. Bravo!!

    ReplyDelete

A Valentine's Tale

  It is Valentine’s Day and Jonu is excited. For, it has been almost two years that he has known Sheena and finally he has mustered the cour...